Monday, September 10, 2007

the boys, girls, grandmas and grandpas are well


We had a visit to the orphan boys, girls and the grandmas and grandpas staying in the Chaya Devi Ashram orphanage in Jaynagar, Mysore. The Infosys Foundation, which works for social benefits, funds the ashram and we, as part of SOFTEN, also supports them in some ways.
We were only four, but our appearance brought smiles to the faces of the inmates, and the children were happy to play around with us. I had brought my mandolin and I played few songs including 'jane-gana-mana' and 'vande-mataram'.
The oldage grandmas who live there seem to be cheerful even in their age. I was surprise when one of them enthusiastically shouted 'mere-sapnom-ki rani kaba aayega' when I started with the first line of the song in my mandolin.
We left the orphanage on a happy note and also visited 'sneha makkale mane', which is again a home for orphan kids taken care by a NGO.
to know more about chaya devi ashram : http://www.hohinc.org/chayadevi.html

No comments: