Sunday, January 14, 2007

my Mandolin

I had decided to start learning a musical instrument and had gone to Mahesh who teaches Mandolin, Guitar and Keyboard at his place in Devraj Urs Road, Mysore. I didnot know what exactly a 'mandolin' look like until Mahesh showed it to me.

I decided to go for it - it had a cute appeal, of being small and artistic. I bought a brand new mandolin for 1750Rs and got it tuned and was ready to learn for first time any musical instrument.

I learned to play the fundamental scale of S-Re-Ga-Ma-Pa-Da-Ne-Sa' by pressing my left hand fingers along the frets and using my right hand to strike the string with the pluctrum. It was a fine learning to bring music out of few metal strings by pressing my finger hard and striking it in rhythm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hello, i felt very much happy that u too is learning instrument and also good re