Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My New Sitar



After staying away from sitar classes for more than four months while I was in Pune, I have started joining to my sitar master Saroj Mukherjee in Mysore. Last week I have bought my new Sitar from Mysore and it was nice to bring home this magical musical instrument. I went along with my master to the shop to select it and bought it for Rs.7300 after various parameter validations by my master. He later replaced the strings of this string with better ones and my net cost of sitar turned out to be 8k. It's a nice feeling to own a Sitar, though not many would even appreciate learning Sitar.

1 comment:

nessa said...

hey, i'm planning to move to mysore, and i am currently learning the sitar and i do not wish to discontinue, can u tell me a couple of places to learn the sitar in mysore?